Advanced Pilot Programs - Cliff Notes for Flying the Stabilized Approach
Last Updated: March 14th 2006
- Complete the Descent and Before Landing Checklist.
- Determine the Vref for your Landing Weight.
- Apply slats and flaps, gear down as normal.
- Be in the landing configuration before approaching the Outer Marker (or final approach fix).
- Once you start down the glideslope there should not be any changes to airliner configuration.
- Set the heading bug for your initial missed approach direction.
This procedure applies to precision approaches only.
NOT TO BE USED IN REAL WORLD
FLIGHT. NO PARTS OF THIS ARTICLE MAY BE REPRINTED WITHOUT THE
WRITTEN PERMISSION OF THE AUTHOR.